torsdag 21. august 2014

My expectations for this year

As this is my final year with English in school, this is an important year for me. English has always been very important to me, as I am a keen traveller and the language has always fascinated me. I had to explore more of the english-speaking world, so I did an exchange to Australia last year to fulfill this wish. This was a very successfull year, and I'm left with many wonderful memories and long-lasting friendships. Therefore, to still be surrounded by as much English as I can, thursdays will be something I will look forward to. When this is said, I have set myself a few expectations for this year - to make the most out of my English lessons. 

To begin with, my expectations is to keep up my level of english from my exchange year. It is highly important for me that I don't lose any of my vocubalary, my confidence in speaking english and at least some of my australian accent. It will be difficult to keep the accent - as the english im surrounded by is mostly american, but I will put in a great effort to keep this up. It is very important for me that when my friends down under Skype me, I can be able to respond just the way I used to.

In addition, I want to be able to discuss political issues, relationships between countries and social studies in a fluent way. In order to do this I will read articles in english, read news from various sources such as BBC, CNN, The Times and so on. In that way I will have information about global issues on a worldwide scale, and I will be able to draw data from these sites. Since I am also doing the subject "Politics And Human Rights", I hope I will be able to contribute to class with important information and things to discuss.

To end this, my last goal is to read more english books. This is a good way to relax and zone out, and learn english as well.

Live



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar